The Visitors’ Center is housed in a 1916 National Register trolley station. According to the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, it is the most architecturally impressive structure housing an Urban Cultural Park Visitors Center. We reestablished the original ambiance of the building while providing exterior repairs, site work restoration and interior renovations.
Major accomplishments include the doubling of interior exhibit space and the rehabilitation of office, conference, and exhibit areas. In addition, we restored the wooden roof over the original station platform to provide additional space for open air events.